When to decrease the rate?

Answered!
Dennise-Ann0
Level 4
Twain Harte, CA

When to decrease the rate?

I have been considering decreasing the nightly rate for weekends that are not booked.  I usually charge about $125/night, $150/night for high demand weekends like three day holidays.  Since I am a remote property I am not always booked.  I have tried decreasing the nightly rate to $115 a few days before to see if that would attract guests.  When I did,  I only had one inquiry who was very confused about the location.  Should I just leave it empty?  I don't want to go below $100/night as it just is not worth the effort to clean the cabin and the quality of guests might decrease as well.  What do you all do?

Also is there a way to only put a three day limit just on three day holiday weekends?  

1 Best Answer
Bob297
Level 10
Bilthoven, Netherlands

@Dennise-Ann0 
Via a rule set you can set prices or minimum stay

To create a ruleset for the calendar of your Airbnb listing, follow these steps:

1. Log in to your Airbnb host account.

2. Go to your Airbnb dashboard and click on the "Calendar" tab.

3. Select the listing for which you want to set up the ruleset.

4. On the calendar page, you'll find a button or tab labeled "Availability Settings" or "Rules." Click on it.

5. You should now see the ruleset options. Here are some common rules you can set:

• Minimum and maximum night stays: Specify the minimum and maximum number of nights guests can book.
    • Advance notice: Determine how much notice you require before a guest can book your listing.
    • Booking window: Set how far in advance guests can book.
    • Check-in/check-out: Define the check-in and check-out times.
    • Lead time: Specify the time needed between bookings to prepare your listing.
    • Availability: Choose whether you want to allow guests to book instantly or if you want to approve each request manually.
  6. Adjust these settings according to your preferences and property requirements. You may also find additional options specific to your location or property type.

7. Once you've configured the ruleset to your satisfaction, click "Save" or "Apply" to save your changes.

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Bob297
Level 10
Bilthoven, Netherlands

@Dennise-Ann0 
Via a rule set you can set prices or minimum stay

To create a ruleset for the calendar of your Airbnb listing, follow these steps:

1. Log in to your Airbnb host account.

2. Go to your Airbnb dashboard and click on the "Calendar" tab.

3. Select the listing for which you want to set up the ruleset.

4. On the calendar page, you'll find a button or tab labeled "Availability Settings" or "Rules." Click on it.

5. You should now see the ruleset options. Here are some common rules you can set:

• Minimum and maximum night stays: Specify the minimum and maximum number of nights guests can book.
    • Advance notice: Determine how much notice you require before a guest can book your listing.
    • Booking window: Set how far in advance guests can book.
    • Check-in/check-out: Define the check-in and check-out times.
    • Lead time: Specify the time needed between bookings to prepare your listing.
    • Availability: Choose whether you want to allow guests to book instantly or if you want to approve each request manually.
  6. Adjust these settings according to your preferences and property requirements. You may also find additional options specific to your location or property type.

7. Once you've configured the ruleset to your satisfaction, click "Save" or "Apply" to save your changes.

I have used this, but I cant find an option for just one weekend like a three day holiday to make the minimum stay apply to just the holiday weekend and not every booking after the change. @Bob297 

Bob297
Level 10
Bilthoven, Netherlands

You can make a ruleset and apply it to three specific days. Just click start and ending date
@Dennise-Ann0 

Helen744
Level 10
Victoria, Australia

@Dennise-Ann0 the only way to do that is if you see the weekend looming as empty then manually apply the three days and take it off later. Its probably better in your situation at the moment to open your calendar for three months and see if some long time away bookings turn up and then close the calendar when sufficent have booked for comforts sake , then open some three day blanks and discount slightly for three days... all I can suggest really , just also go 'incognito' and check your listing is turning up ... H