When you use the Professional Hosting Tools, you lose the ability to offer custom promotions.

Answered!
Ben3875
Level 2
Elora, TN

When you use the Professional Hosting Tools, you lose the ability to offer custom promotions.

So Far this trade off has been too much for me to switch even though having the multi-listing calendar would help greatly. 
Has anyone else dealt with this or have any advice?

1 Best Answer

Yes. I find that using at least 20% discount will provide the various promotional elements. Move the slider to determine what % discount will provide the promotions you want. 

Custom Promotions.png

View Best Answer in original post

5 Replies 5

Hi @Ben3875 

Actually, I use custom promotions and I do use Pro Tools, Rule Sets and the Multicalendar. I believe you only loose Airbnb Custom Promotions if you use a 3rd party API software (channel manager).

Maybe other hosts who use a 3rd party API software can confirm this?

If you offer at least 20% in the custom promotion, Airbnb claims they will send out advertisements of the promotion by email. And they do the mark through on the normal price on the listing. 
Do you still get those benefits while using the professional hosting tools?

Yes. I find that using at least 20% discount will provide the various promotional elements. Move the slider to determine what % discount will provide the promotions you want. 

Custom Promotions.png

Thanks so much! I couldn't find the custom promotions but went back and tried again and realized that I was searching on the multi-calendar and didn't realize they were available in the individual calendars.

@Ben3875 

Yes, confusing. Some features (like rule set shading) only available on multicalendar. 

Other features only available on regular calendar.