World worst customer service

Joe2195
Level 1
Tuscaloosa, AL

World worst customer service

Hello,

I have experienced literally world worst customer service in the world in Airbnb. Their customer service call is legitimately useless because it never answers. And the message system also doesn't respond at all. I luckily got connected yesterday VERY BRIEFLY. BUT the guy name JEFF gave it to me a link which is not I asked at all and trash link and disappeared (no response). I googled customer service email addresses and other contacts and guess what there are so many articles about poor customer service since years back.

What would I suppose to do? All I need is just a receipt written in English to get reimbursement. I've never thought that getting a receipt is super hard.

6 Replies 6
Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

Hi, @Joe2195 . It's no fun going in circles like that. Hope this helps you print out your receipt. 

Are you working from a laptop? If so:

Go to Trips when you are signed in to your Airbnb account. Click on the reservation in question. Click "Show details". Scroll down and click "Get receipt". 

If it is not in English, click on your photo in the top right corner and go to Global preferences to change your language to English.
Did that work?

Thanks Lawren. In my case, my friend paid it out of the states. But he invited me and I have confirmation code and reservation ID. I need to split the cost so that I can get the reimbursement later. To do that,  all I need is the receipt written in English and USD. I clearly explained to this through the weird/the worst airbnb message customer system but the system has kept ignoring me. I was super lucky and got connected to a guy named Jeff but he sent me airbnb main homepage link.

Literally airbnb customer system is the worst in the world.

@Joe2195 you're right, Airbnb CS is notoriously unpredictable especially with anything at all out of the ordinary, as this is. In your shoes I would just ask my friend to get the receipt as directed by @Lawrene0 and send it to me.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

You can't ask Airbnb for a receipt if you didn't make the booking and you can't ask for a split receipt. @Joe2195 . If you wanted a receipt in your name to claim back against expenses for work, then it would have been better for you to make the booking. Or got your company to make the booking under Airbnb at work.

While I appreciate you are finding Airbnb frustrating, this really is not their issue to resolve. You are not their customer.

Just ask your friend to follow the useful advice provided by @Lawrene0 and they can print you the receipt.

Thank you Helen! My friend did but still the receipt was not in English but USD($). That's why I tried calling and asking through the message system.

And they could've told me at the first place when I asked through the message system. Do you think am I asking too much because I'm not their customer?

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

You won't get the receipt in sterling if the booking was made in the US. 

You didn't say why you didn't make the booking if you wanted a receipt in sterling?

And yes I do think you are being rather unreasonable in wanting Airbnb to do something which isn't possible.

Do you think if your friend booked airline tickets, theatre tickets, a holiday or a hotel they would issue an invoice in another currency for half the cost to someone who wasn't the actual customer?

Would the business you work for do that?