any money for Hosts in Stimulus CARE Act ?

John-And-Julie0
Level 2
Kremmling, CO

any money for Hosts in Stimulus CARE Act ?

Hello Fellow Hosts -  any of you aware of how a Host can recover lost revenue, due to the Government restrictions on travel?     

John 

5 Replies 5
Clary2
Level 2
Phoenix, AZ

John,

I was wondering the same thing.  I don't want a loan but I was thinking maybe unemployment benefits?

I live in Arizona and my condo is in Mexico.  100% cancellations.

I've searched online but can't find any helpful info.

Jonathan1270
Level 1
Austin, TX

Seeing a lot of different information and I think based on the size of the Act and the amount of people affected it will end up being pretty touch and go, but I think the major things that AirBnB hosts could qualify for are:
- The SBA relief options - https://www.sba.gov/funding-programs/loans/coronavirus-relief-options
Most critical ones there are the EIDL loan advance (which is basically a grant) and the potential loans you can get, plus the paycheck protection (if you have any sort of part or full time "staff", that one is probably only for larger hosting companies)

- Unemployment (need to look up your state, but it was expanded nationwide to cover independent contractors / sole proprietorships). That means that if your AirBnb income was your primary earnings and you now have nothing, you likely qualify for unemployment.

Still some unclear parts but hopefully that helps!

Thanks Jonathan - I applied for the Disaster Loan - fingers crossed for a fast $10,000 check.   All my rental income has totally dried up.    John 

The SBA disaster relief loan advance seems to include loss of rental income. My question is, there's a line for "cost of goods sold" (which, if my research is correct, also means cost of services). Does this mean the cost of the rent or mortgage paid and/or the cost of the property manager/house keeper?

@Heather1051   Cost of Goods Sold is anything which relates directly to the booking itself.  In other words, any costs you incur for preparing the rental for a booking. 

Mortgage, utilities, and other items generally paid by the month instead of per booking would generally be considered overhead, not cost of goods.

If a property manager is paid monthly, it would be overhead. If a cleaning service is paid per booking, it is cost of goods sold.