extra payment

Bruce-and-Alison0
Level 2
Kotara, Australia

extra payment

At our beach side apartment we offer linen at extra cost, if guests require linen i have to get money for linen by requesting money after they book. It would be great if airbnb had the option of guests paying any extras at time of booking. Extras could include linen, meals, transportation etc that guest require. The problem with requesting extra money now is you can't request extra money until quest has paid full amount. If quest has only paid deposit you are unable to request extra money. If the website had a tab for any extra costs when guest is booking it would be much easier for guest and host. Anyone think this would be a great idea. Thanks Bruce

2 Replies 2
Sharon1014
Level 10
Sellicks Beach, Australia

@Bruce-and-Alison0  Do you mean you don't include the cost of linen for bedding as standard in your regular price?  Bit odd if so, it should be factored into your standard nightly rate.  But you can add the costs of extra linen by increasing the cost for extra guests over a certain number.  Or you can just increase your cleaning fee to cover it.

Bruce-and-Alison0
Level 2
Kotara, Australia

Yes we don't include linen in our costing. Linen is a extra cost if people want it. Is only 1 out of 5 guests that actually request us to supply linen. People would rather pay less and bring there own linen. The cleaner charges us $60 extra to look after linen. If i was to increase nightly rate or cleaning fee, everyone would have to pay the extra money. Would be hard to increase nightly rate as we may have 1 nights stays or 7 night stays. I would like the option when people are booking for options to pay for linen or any extras they may require.