foot Langley BC.ca

Joanna851
Level 1
Langley City, Canada

foot Langley BC.ca

Hello, I have a two-bedroom suite in my house that I can rent out. I want to do Airbnb. What do I need to prepare before starting the business?

2 Replies 2
Cheri354
Level 10
Helena-West Helena, AR

@Joanna851  I would first check with the local authorities to see if they require a license or registration to be a host in your area 🙂 Will you need additional insurance ? Is there an inspection required ?

The fun part: look into listings already in your neighborhood (within 10 miles is a good start). See what host places are available, how they are advertised, what amenities are included, pricing, etc.

Would this venture be house sharing or is there a private entrance to the suite ?

Will you be sharing a kitchen and laundry ?

Off street parking or garage ?

How quiet/nice are neighbors ? Do you anticipate any issues there ? It's natural that neighbors might assume there will extra noise, lots of vehicles, maybe parties..

We do keep a bit of 'starter' items in the rental space but removed or lock in a closet any extras like: toilet paper and paper towels, trash can liners, additional soap, bath towels, sheets and cleaning supplies and refills.

Our guest kitchen has a starter supply of snacks, drinks, paper plates, napkins, etc. The rest we keep locked up in one closet.

Read through Airbnb rules (or whatever venue you are going to use..).

Keep reading through the Community Forums to get a feel for appropriate responses to all types of situations 🙂 I learn something new just about every time I visit here !

Best wishes~

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hi @Joanna851 👋

How are you getting on? Have you decided to list with Airbnb?  It's been a while since you posted and I'm wondering whether you managed to have a look at @Cheri354's response below? 

It'd be great to hear from you, so we can understand what your journey looks like now but also to support other Hosts/new starters who may have similar questions in the future. 😊

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines