host liability insurance and personal injury claim UK

Adrian2021
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

host liability insurance and personal injury claim UK

We have had a personal injury claim against us by someone who fell in our bathroom. Has anyone had any experience of the Airbnb host liability insurance in the UK? How effective is the insurance and how has anyone accessed the best support from Airbnb?

4 Replies 4
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Adrian2021 The great thing about the liability cover in Aircover is that it is a proper insurance product and hence it is properly regulated. Even so I would also inform my own insurance company in case you have to rely on it.

I do find it sad though that guests in the UK are claiming - Unless there was something dangerous in your bathroom I would think they will fail.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hello you are covered by Airbnb's liability insurance. You need to contact them to open a claim @Adrian2021 

In general you can find Q&As about most issues related to Airbnb on the Airbnb Help website https://www.airbnb.co.uk/help/article/937

How did someone fall in your bathroom. In the UK it seems a strange overreaction to immediately think of a personal injury claim when there is an accident unless a @Mike-And-Jane0 says they are claiming something was dangerous/unsafe.

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Adrian2021 ! Hope the relevant reference articles shared by Helen have helped you with getting familiar with the Host liability insurance. 

How did you proceed with this incident in the end? Did you submit a claim since you posted?

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Brandi-And-Joe0
Level 2
Pittsburgh, PA

I also just had someone file a personal injury claim against me. I’ve attempted to speak with someone at airbnb about it several times for the past week and still haven’t received a call back. They just keep saying it’s been escalated and they’ll call me soon. Have you had any luck?