latest restrictions announced today by the QLD government

Justin241
Level 1
Gold Coast, Australia

latest restrictions announced today by the QLD government

HI Everyone Just need some help with the latest restrictions announced today by the QLD government. I understand that from 8 am tomorrow that  the Gold Coast can only have a maximum of 10 people in groups. I have a couple of bookings coming up in October where my guests are having between 30 and 50 people for their wedding ceremonies.  We live on a 15 acre farm and our guests are having their ceremonies outside but still it constitutes a gathering of more than 10 guests. In light of the latest restrictions does any one know if we are allowed to go ahead with these bookings or must we cancel them? I have complied with the Air BnB cleaning protocol and have subscribed to the Qld State Gvt's COVID Safe plan but this still doesnt seem to overcome the  ' no more than 10 guest' rule. Any advice would be appreciated. Justy

1 Reply 1
Charles224
Level 10
Clare, Australia

@Justin241 , from a Sth Australian perspective I can see where you are coming from.

However - the guys who set up the protocols are not playing games, and they will be looking for someone to make an example of.

We've all seen those 2 obnoxious Brisbane girls who went to Melbourne, and they will be paying off their fines for a long time. There are lots of others who have been "made an example of" and if that happens to you and your guests you will get no sympathy from the public at large. 

So - while it's not likely Qld will still be under these restrictions in October, I suggest you prepare your guests for an alternative (small) wedding option. 

(Our own son got married a couple of months ago; with only 6 people allowed, none of either family could attend; just best man/maid of honour/celebrant/photographer).