nightly rate

Lisa6889
Level 2
Bel Air, MD

nightly rate

When we have someone else search for our listing, without putting in dates, I don't understand why it says my listing is 447 per night and uses the holiday week of Dec 30-Jan 6.  When anyone is scrolling they are going to skip my home potentially due to the higher than normal price.  Meanwhile the folks listed before and after me are dates in September so there price is less.  There was another home listed with Feb so I know the dates are not all the same.  Why is this happening, how is it equitable, and how can I fix this?  Seems when the person is searching, they are not comparing apples to apples.  Any ideas?

1 Reply 1
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Lisa6889 

The recent "summer update" of the platform uses "1 week, flexible" as default option on the search page. It then selects (as it seems randomly) an available week in the future.  Guest should enter the dates they are interested in to have a more suitable search result and a more correct price (as in the intial search the price is often not correct due to a bug in the local tax calculation).