owner versus agent regarding payments

Answered!
John7875
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

owner versus agent regarding payments

hi
We don't yet have lstings on Airbnb. But want to start. Our business is Marketing Services for owners. We take photos, we write descriptions, create listings and manage enquiries. My question: Can i create a listing BUT have the rental money going direct to owner not to me (as intermediary)
Any help gratefully received!
John

1 Best Answer
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

If you are providing cohosting services then the owner should set up the listing and add you as a cohost. They then get paid for the rental income and you get paid whatever commission they agree for your services as a cohost @John7875 

Interesting to hear you have developed a business to market STR businesses without having experience as a host.

View Best Answer in original post

3 Replies 3
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

If you are providing cohosting services then the owner should set up the listing and add you as a cohost. They then get paid for the rental income and you get paid whatever commission they agree for your services as a cohost @John7875 

Interesting to hear you have developed a business to market STR businesses without having experience as a host.

John7875
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

Hi @John7875  

Thanks. That's REALLY helpful. Greatly appreciated. 
Apologies if I wasn't clear regarding our activity - we, like several intermediaries, do the basic leg work for owners IE create awareness of and enquiries for a property (the basic marketing).  I think there are a LOT of folk doing this but unlike them we don't take the rental income - the owners do .
We have experience of several other portals but to date, not Airbnb. And to this end just wanted to know a little more about the practicalities of their model.

Helen, could you help with one more question please: 
With some other portals such as VRBO , TripAdvisor, Booking.com - they all have their own version of a 'Partner support' department where you, as an advertiser / property lister, can call and speak to a trained (human!) who can help resolve any issues re your listings or payments etc.   To date I haven't seen any thing similar on Airbnb for advertisers. (A number to call when 'things' go wrong!). Do you know if this exists?   

Thanks again

john

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Yes a helpine exists for hosts and cohosts and guests @John7875 

you are correct there are cohosts including myself who help guests set up and manage their listings. They tend to be experienced hosts who know the ins and outs of various platforms. But some hosts do work with cohosts like yourself  with no experience of using the platforms as hosts