payment released but not received

Michelle2485
Level 1
Tasman, New Zealand

payment released but not received

I am a first time airbnb host and am waiting for my first payment from them.  They have advised me that payment has been released but I have not received it! They do not seem to take any responsibility for finding out where the money has gone and keep telling me to go to my bank but my bank have told me that they can't help.  I don't understand why they can't track the money.  Has anyone else had this and what happened.  I just want my money.

2 Replies 2
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

Hello @Michelle2485  and welcome to this business.  I see that you are quite new with having your first guest this month.  I understand that Air BNB may hold back the initial payments for the first 30 days.  After that Air BNB will post the payment 24 hours after check in.  I saw your negative review from this first guest and I am sorry this happened to you.  It appears you are occassionally hosting in your personal home perhaps while you are out of the area.  It would be good for you to add to your description detailing what guests can expect.  Your guest has used Air BNB before and has several positive reviews, so I would imagine your listing was not what he was expecting.  Have you ever been a guest in a share home listing?  I have so I can relate to the guest preferring to have more direction about your personal items and guest items.  From your response to the review, I gather you thought you were being welcoming and hospitable, but for a guest it can feel like they are intruding into your space.  Put away personal items. Dedicate new food items for the guest only or at least segregate food available for the  guest and reserved for you.  See your home through the eyes of the guest as best you can.  Good luck!!

Hello linda@108, although payment appears to have been released it has not appeared in my account? I recently changed my bank details with airbnb and they confirmed changes had been made on their side? exchange for free say I need to contact airbnb to resolve the problem.