payout country

Yasine1
Level 2
Dubai, United Arab Emirates

payout country

Hello,

Any idea how to force Airbnb to change my country of residency and stop illegally charging me VAT on services for hosting?

I created my account with my swiss passport, because of that my residency country is switzerland. i've never published a property in switzerland. i have apartment in Dubai which i published on airbnb and i also verified myself with my Emirates ID after 1 month because i wanted to payout my money on my account in dubai. now the problem is i cant choose the UAE as payout country because of tax reasons. i need to transfer the money there, i cant transfer it to switzerland then i have to pay tax twice, that is unacceptable.

I requested Airbnb to do so numerous times, they ignore and close my cases. once they tell me they'll change it and call me back, once they tell me i must change tax settings which i dont have even access. one person tell me, i have to delete my account and make a new one. are those people crazy??? i got reviews and bookings here, i dont want to lose it. they tell me they dont have access to the system. i dont know why just people answer the phones which dont even got access, thats crazy. it should be possible to change the country of residence. every admin should have access on those things.

please help!!!

1 Reply 1
Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager
Galashiels, United Kingdom

Hi @Yasine1 

Did you manage to get this sorted out?

If not, can you let us know, and we can give you a hand?

When replying to me, please type @ and then choose Jenny from the drop down to make sure I get a notification about your reply.

Thanks!

Jenny

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines