poor airbnb support

Andrew2797
Level 1
Shawnigan Lake, Canada

poor airbnb support

Well I am not the first to report a terrible experience with @airbnbhelp it is quite obvious that there are millions of the same complaint as I research on the internet. I truly feel like we have been fraudulently scammed by the @airbnbsupport center. I opened a HEALTH and SAFETY claim as well a complaint that the 'DESCRIPTION WAS NOT TRUE' and there were MISSING AMMENITIES  (patio to water) at the rental unit. They repeatedly come back and say that they are 'escalating the case' to health and safety and then I hear nothing. Or they keep reaching out to the Host, who lives in San Francisco and we were in Honolulu. The host doesn't even know what the property looks like.

Two months ago on Dec 11 we showed up to basically a parking stall that had been turned into a 2 bedroom apt. The listing read that we 'may' hear construction NOISE or jackhammering throughout the day. That was fine, it was not the noise that bothered us. It was that we were literally left in the middle of a construction zone with 3 little kids. There was a WARNING: ASBESTOS  sign on the door beside our "condo" and many men in and out of there ripping out walls and materials from the apt. Everytime we went out our front door we had to ask these massive men to move their massive utility carts, 4 feet tall loaded with sharp drills, saws, and other tools. There was caution tape everywhere. There were random holes dug in the ground all over the side walks. We should have been relocated as soon as I said there is a Warning ASBESTOS sign on the door next to ours!!!!!

We thought the saving grace, after first impressions, would be the beautiful patio that was stated as "ten steps to the ocean" off the back of the apt. Oh but it was barricaded by a massive hole 6 ft deep, a massive excavator, and no exit to the beach. There were signs all around us 'WARNING DANGER', debris falling, pool closed, gym closed, beach access closed between 830 am and 430 pm. 

This was NOT the vacation we had dreamed about after not travelling for 3 years due to covid! 

Immediately we called airbnb support, who pretended they were working on it on their end. We spent  4 days calling them everyday , multiple times a day, wondering if we could go book another place and requesting our money back. They pretended to be dealing with it and then would never call back. They lied about calling us at specific times. They would send us messages saying they are on 'REST DAYS' for the next 2 days. By that time, our vacation was over and we were so fed up about how it ruined our trip. 

2 MONTHS LATER I am still calling weekly and trying to speak to a human that can actually make a decision. I have requested a supervisor on numerous occasions. No response. 

Airbnb your support system is a fraud and it is really sickening that you are putting people through this when your company is meant to make people relax and enjoy their vacations. No family should be put at risk like ours was. You need to do better and rectify these situations. 

2 Replies 2

Thats a good work keep it up.. 

**[Link removed in line with - Community Center Guidelines]**

Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager
Galashiels, United Kingdom

Hi @Andrew2797 

I just wanted to confirm that I've passed details of your experience to the team, so that they can investigate what happened and how Support handled things, to get you a resolution on this.

Someone will be in touch once everything's been looked at.

Jenny

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines