special offer

Carly127
Level 1
Lake Country, Canada

special offer

I have a guest who wants to book for a flat fee of $4000 , I am not sure how to find out what that would end up being in income for me, or even how you would set up something like that. If you send a special offer of $4000 then they get charged taxes and fees in addition to that....

1 Reply 1
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Carly127   Your listing is stunning!!  You didn't state how long the guest was proposing to book, but one disadvantage for hosts is never knowing exactly what the Air BNB fee will be until Air BNB has calculated it given your applicable nightly rate and any applicable discounts for weekly or monthly stays.  Another confusion for me was your statement the casita might have other guests in it and there is some shared amenities.  However your listing description includes it as part of the whole package.  You might need to have multiple listings so you can rent out the main house or the casita and combination of both, each with it's own calendar and rate.

As to your original question, I wonder if it would be best to offer to refund any amount over $4000 once the booking has been made.  Sometimes guests try to strike a deal outside of how this platform works and then change the reservation and still seek to get the "deal".

On another note, as you are new to this business on Air BNB and a remote host, I did see that Phoenix has a requirement for information on your listing that I did not see.  Here is what I found:

"As the property owner or online lodging operator, you need to add the following statement to your vacation rental advertisement on the online lodging marketplace you have chosen (the platform you advertise on, which could be Airbnb, VRBO, etc.): “This property cannot be used for purposes identified in the City of Phoenix Ordinance Section 10-195(c). The City of Phoenix short-term registration number for this property is ________”. (You add the registration number, which can be found on your “Registration Certificate)."

Hope this helps and you have a great experience as a host.