Advice on Promoting A Street Art Tour

Kim2173
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

Advice on Promoting A Street Art Tour

Hi all:

I'm just starting to host a Street Art Tour on Melrose Ave in Los Angeles and can't seem to get much traction on AirBnB Experiences. Here's the link: https://www.airbnb.com/experiences/958056. People come from all over the world to see the wide array of street art on our stretch (from Fairfax to Highland) and there's never a day when we don't have tourists out there shooting pictures and taking selfies. That's why I can't understand why no one is booking the tour, despite heavy (paid) promotion on social and strong word of mouth among friends & family. People are clicking through to the page, but not booking.

I was wondering if anyone has any experience they'd be willing to share about getting an experience such as ours up and running? It could be the way we're presenting ourselves that's not appealing, or the once a month date, or the photos...I'm just not sure. All feedback and advice from you more experienced hosts is welcome! 🙂

Best,

Kim

1 Reply 1

@Kim2173  I think you answered your own question:

"or the once a month date"

My neighborhood in Berlin is also a bit of a mecca for street-art tourists, so I can see that your kind of experience tends to do well with a certain market. But people who take tours like this generally don't have the resources to take long, leisurely holidays - maybe they'll be in town for a few days at most, so it's just a lucky coincidence if your extremely rare tour date happens to be when they're available for it. Also, having only one review makes it hard to inspire confidence.

Knowing that you need more reviews under your belt, I'd suggest adding a few extra dates when you have time in the near future, and perhaps seeding the tours with friends who can make it a more sociable experience (lots of solo travelers choose activities like this in hopes of meeting people). Once you have an established track record, you'll probably find it easier to fill dates at a lower frequency.