Broken item

Michelle534
Level 1
Quebec City, Canada

Broken item

Hi,

My guest deleted the tv app and says that she did not do it.  I ask her to pay for the technician visit.  She says that I am robbing her and a liar.  She threated me of a bad review what should I do,  continue asking to pay or forget it. Will she be able to put a bad review and if I let go will she still put one???  Please help me !!

9 Replies 9
Aogán0
Level 7
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Michelle534,

My gut feeling is that you're going to get a bad review from this guest, regardless of what you do now 😞 I'd chalk this one up to experience, I don't understand exactly where they deleted the 'app' from, but hopefully it'll be an easy fix for you. It's difficult to prove her liability here, so in future I'd look to try to change whatever way you have the tv set up, if it's easy for guests to delete things....

Can you not just install the App again?

David

To reinstall the app we have to call the technician and it cost 60euros which in our House Rules was stated that they would have to pay  if the app was desintalled .  We are in an area where not so many channels are accessible and mainly french so I have to put an app for american channels... So you suggest that I pass it on losses.... but so frustating....!!!

Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Michelle534

Michelle - just reinstall the app....it;s no big deal. And argueing with a guest about a deleted app on a TV is just so trivial.

Sorry if that sounds harsh - but it;s up there with complaints about: movinig a chair, not folding the towels after use, or putting a DVD back in the wrong place. All of those were real issues for some hosts - doesn;t make good reading for other guests.

Good luck (and if you don't know how to reinstall the app, then find a 10 yr old who will do it for you - they liive and breath apps!)_

David126
Level 10
Como, CO

The Guest will not pay for it so not sure what other option you have.

David
Jon149
Level 1
Exeter, United Kingdom

is it worth mentioning to guest before neg review ?

Take $ out of her security 

Cormac0
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

@Michelle

I think you have a smart Alex tv technician, he could probably tell you over the phone how to reinstall the app, or why not just google it?

You've created a mountain out of a molehill and upset a guest without sufficient justification.

I think an apology might help smooth the waters, explaining that you completely at sea with modern technology.

Please tell us the make and model of your tv and we can probable tell you how to reinstall the app by using google and I won't charge you anything.

Regards

Cormac

The Explorer's Club Krakow III 

David126
Level 10
Como, CO

Must admit I am intrigued as to what sort of App needs a Technician to install.

David