Check in and check out

Answered!
Ana417
Level 2
Pula, Croatia

Check in and check out

Good day everyone,

I have one question. I would like to set up the check in and check out for June and August only on Saturday, but I can only set up the check-in on Saturday and minimal trip length (7 days), but if somebody wants, they can book 10 days, and then check out wouldn't be on Saturday (problem for me). Can somebody help me to set up also check out for only Saturday?

Thank you in advance,

Ana

1 Best Answer
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Ana417,

It's not possible to set up a limit for check out days unless you limit all stays to exactly 1 week, no more and no less. You can do that by having a minimum and maximum stay of 7 nights and check in on, for example, Saturdays only.

Setting the checkout day is something that a lot of hosts have asked about here but Airbnb hasn't provided the facility.

You could search in the "Host voice" section of this site to see if someone has suggested it.

If you find one then give it a thumbs up. If not, make a new request.

Airbnb promises to consider suggestions made there if enough people give them a thumbs up.

They don't say how many thumbs up though.

Click on "Discuss" at the top of these pages and select "Host Voice" from the menu.

Steve.

View Best Answer in original post

19 Replies 19

@Xavier31 if you activate the new Host Tools, you can apply certains sets of rules (called "Rule Sets") to individual days on your calendar. Without "Rule Sets" you could only have one setting for minimum days, maximum days, discounts, check-in and check-out days. Now you can change those settings for different days.

thank you - I have looked. Possibly it may work as long it the system allows me to select the property. 

Thank you again 

Lisa-and-Ben0
Level 3
Sint Maarten

Hi there fellow hosts,

When my last guest  checked in and checked out 02/06/19, I got a notification! Very impressed with this feature. Does anyone know how this happens and/or how it looks like for the guest? Does it have anything to do with the check in instructions? Does is work with geolocation? Does the guest have to physically press a check in / check out button? May this have something to do with google ? I recently pinned the apartment on google map and added it as a business. The website on google is listed at the airbnb site and listing ID.

On a seperate note:

I absolutely love the airbnb check in instructions with photos , editable at that with arrows etc.. super helpful. 

However.. I didn’t realize that guests have to actively click on the little key icon to actually view these which never happens so I click on it and it puts the link in the message thread to them and makes them unmissable.

Michael3131
Level 2
Edgartown, MA

AirBnb

Please add back the "check out on a specific day" feature on custom trip length. Here's why that feature made so much sense for hosts.  During my busy season I have a 7 night minimum with check in, check out only on Sundays. This allows me to book every night during the high season and simplifies the turn over and cleaning schedule.

I have been setting up the calendar this way for years but when I tried to set it up this way today I noticed the "Check out" on a specific day feature has been removed. I spoke with a rep and she suggested that I set up a 7 night maximum. Often travellers book my listing for 14 nights, somtimes 21. A 7 night maximum would exclude  these travellers who wish to stay for two or three weeks

Please add this important “Check in  Check out on a specific day” feature back to custom trip lengths

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Michael3131 you need to switch on pro tools from your account and then use rulesets in your listing calendar to achieve what you want.