Child injured at an AirBnB rental

Dave549
Level 1
Gloucester, MA

Child injured at an AirBnB rental

My two-year-old daughter was injured in a supposedly kid-friendly rental in Montreal. We were there five minutes when she leaned against a heavy glass coffee table (100lbs of plate glass balanced on a small wooden frame) which then collapsed, landing on her toe with enough force to rupture the underside. We spent all night at the hospital, where she was given several stitches. Our evening ended at 3AM and so we were pretty much out of commission the next day. Our host was understanding about the incident and immediately refunded our rental payment. We told the host we won't leave a negative public review but that we want them to either change the risks in the apartment (the table and also an open roof with no railing that a child could easily walk off) or update the listing to remove the "child friendly" tag. But is there more we should be doing or entitled to? There's my daughter's suffering, and the accident caused us to miss most of the first two days of our 4-day vacation. And my daughter was not able to walk properly for the duration. What's our move here?

0 Replies 0