Child pricing

Answered!
Kimberly-and-Randy0
Level 2
Lantzville, Canada

Child pricing

Hello can someone please tell me what child means in Airbnb?  It seems to be a gray area and a little frustrated by this. 

Usually everything is wonderful when I call.  Today I called and had to verify my account 6 ways to Sunday before they would answer a simple question!

What is a child mean?  What is the pricing of a child and is it considered the same as an adult.     I recieved a scetchy message and before accepting the reservation I wanted to be clear on this.   CHildren depening on the parents are a greater clean up "-)  

Are children under a certain age free?    Please I would love an answer without being interagated sigh!!!! 

Big thank you in advanced.

1 Best Answer
Ana1136
Level 10
Ohrid, Macedonia (FYROM)

@Kimberly-and-Randy0 this is not Airbnb customer service but a community forum and we are all hosts here. To answer your question, children under 2 years are nit considered extra guests. You can read more on the link below

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/433/can-children-travel-on-airbnb

View Best Answer in original post

3 Replies 3
Ana1136
Level 10
Ohrid, Macedonia (FYROM)

@Kimberly-and-Randy0 this is not Airbnb customer service but a community forum and we are all hosts here. To answer your question, children under 2 years are nit considered extra guests. You can read more on the link below

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/433/can-children-travel-on-airbnb

Thank you for the link and the reply.   I tried customer service it was not a good experience for one questions that is whay I went here.  Thank you again Ana appreciate! 

Kimberly 

@Kimberly-and-Randy0 

children under 2 ( infants ) stay free by Airbnb default but you can charge them as well if you want but you should disclose it in your listing's house rules.

Children from 2 - 12 pay the same as adults.

children from 12 > are considered adults.

Both infants and children have to be separately stated/disclosed in the booking. Guest shouldn't book for 4 adults if there are 2 adults + 1 child + 1 infant for example.

Unfortunately, Airbnb allows up to 5 infants for free, even when the total number of guests is exceeded. That's why many hosts refuse to host children under 2 y.o. ( infants)