Contact Airbnb: A Community Help Guide

Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Contact Airbnb: A Community Help Guide

-----------------Update June 5th 2017--------------------

An updated version of this Community Guide is now available, click here to view

-----------------------------------------------

This, I believe, is the most common question on the Community Center.  Below is a "How To" guide on contacting Airbnb via Twitter and/or by calling their Customer Support Line.

Here are 3 easy ways to contact Airbnb:

1. Airbnb Community Experts
  2. Via Twitter Direct Message @Airbnbhelp
  3. Calling Airbnb

1. Contacting Airbnb's Community Experts

The easiest and quickest way to get answers to any issues is through contacting Airbnb's Community Experts.  If they cannot answer your question, they have the ability to re-route you to Airbnb

Step 1: Visit https://www.airbnb.ca/help/contact_us

Step 2: From the bottom of the screen, choose either "My question is about something else" or "I have a different issue"

Step 3: Follow the prompts to figure out what best describes your issues.  Some things you choose will take you to specific information whereas others you can fill in the text box and submit your question.  

When you submit a question, you can expect an answer back from a Community Expert within five minutes but usually less.  If the Community Expert cannot help you, they can re-route your issue to Airbnb who will then contact you.  Airbnb Community Experts do not have access to your account information so if it is a question that can only be answered with account information, they will re-route you automatically.  Airbnb Community Experts are available 24/7 and again, usually you will have an answer from them within minutes.

2. Contacting Airbnb Via Twitter

I find the second best and easiest way to contact Airbnb regarding any issues I may be having is by using Twitter.  Airbnb seems to have dedicated staff who monitor their Twitter feeds and I usually hear back from them within 5-10 minutes of posting my isssue.

Step 1: Log into Twitter

Step 2: Search for @Airbnbhelp and choose "Follow" them

Step 3: Send a Direct Message (DM) explaining your issue and wait for their response.  They may ask for information such as your listing but always provide it over DM so it is not public.

3. Calling Airbnb's Customer Experience Line

***Please note that these phone numbers and any numbers below are meant for URGENT MATTERS so it is best to use the above two methods first***

Here are the phone numbers for Airbnb.  If the area where you are hosting is not listed, check out the two ways below this list in order to find their number for your area.

United States and Canada +1-415-800-5959
+1-855-424-7262 (toll-free)
Argentina +54 11 53 52 78 88
Australia +61 2 8520 3333
Austria +43 72 08 83 800
Brazil +55 21 3958-5800
Chile +56229380777
China +86 10 5904 5310
400 890 0309 (shared-cost)
Denmark +45 89 88 20 00
France +33 1 84 88 40 00
Germany +49 30 30 80 83 80
Greece +30 211 1989888
Hong Kong

+852 5808 8888

India

000 800 4405 103 (toll-free)

Ireland +353 1 697 1831
Israel +972 3 939 9977
Italy +39-06-99366533
Japan +81 3 4580 0999
+81 800 100 1008 (toll-free)
Mexico +52 55 41 70 43 33
Netherlands +31 20 52 22 333
New Zealand +64 4 4880 888
Norway +47 21 61 16 88
Peru +51 1 7089777
Poland +48 22 30 72 000
Portugal +351 30 880 3888
Puerto Rico +1 787 919-0880
Russia +74954658090
88003017104 (toll-free)
South Korea +82 2 6022 2499
+82 808 220 230 (toll-free)
Spain +34 91 123 45 67
Sweden +46 844 68 12 34
Switzerland  +41 43 50 84 900
United Kingdom                +44 203 318 1111               

How To Get Airbnb Contact Number If It Is Not Listed Above? (Option #1)

Step 1: Log into your Airbnb account and choose "Your Reservations" from the "Host" dropdown list.

your reservations.png

Step 2: From your list of reservations, choose "Print Confirmation".

print confirmation.png

Step 3: The "Itinerary" from the reservation you chose will load in a new tab.  Scroll down and on the right hand side, you will see a section for "Customer Support".  Look below and you will see a phone number listed for your area.

support.png

How To Get Airbnb Contact Number If It Is Not Listed Above? (Option #2)

Step 1: While logged into your account, scroll down to the bottom of any page and select the "Help" link.

help.png

Step 2: This will then take you to the Help Center.  Select "Resolve Issue" from the list of options on the left.

1 contact.png

Step 3: This will then show you your reservations.  Go to the bottom of your reservations and choose, "My question is about something else".

2 contact.png

Step 4: Choose the "Urgent" tab.

3 contact.png

The phone number for Airbnb in your area will be displayed.

4 contact.png

[This post is an updated version of the original post]

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

143 Replies 143
Michael441
Level 1
Medellin, Colombia

Then why don't you post their numbers for the rest of us?

Robbie7
Level 1
Ellsinore, MO

Just want to say I love Airbnb.  They are so much easier to work with than brand X's. Their site is the greatest.   I am an owner and I appreciate the simplicity so much.

BUT SOMETIMES WE NEED SPECIFIED HELP. AIR BNB WILL LOSE BUSINESS IN LONG RUN IF THEY DON'T OFFER THIS BASIC SERVICE TO CUSTOMERS.

Giovanni103
Level 3
New York, NY

They use the whole idea of creating a Community, to basically avoid the cost of running a Customer Service Center for us, their revenue source, and forcing us to rely almost esclusively on the help of fellow hosts who do not have the ability to address most of our concenrs.

I only host occasionally and this year so far they've made over $1500 off me. . .the least they can do is acknowledge me when I do call in with an issue, especially when I've already placed 3 phone calls and waited 2 weeks.

Last year their profits were much higher than they expected, yet they are cutting any all their expenses and making it harder for us to host with their everchanging rules, penalties, obbligations and what not!

Airbnb Raises Over $100 Million as It Touts Strong Growth

WE NEED TO MAKE A TWITTER CAMPAIGN  OF COMPLAINTS.

Alexandra137
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

WOW, HOW DID YOU FIND OUT ALL THIS INFORMATION FOR US? WELL DONE AND SHAME ON AIRBNB FOR NOT LOOKING AFTER ITS CUSTOMERS.

Jacqueline83
Level 1
Nairobi, Kenya

Hi ,

Would like to reolve an issue but none of the lines works, and the help part is not helpful.

Also the facebook and instagram is not useful, could someone contact me please?

Regards.

jacque

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello everyone,

I am glad to see you are finding the Community Contact Guide helpful here, there has certainly been a lot of views and questions. A huge thank you to @Dave-and-Deb0 for compiling this fantastic guide for everyone here in the CC. It has been well loved already! 🙂

If you have a specific question, I would recommend using the search bar in the CC to explore on-going conversations as other hosts may have had a similar question and received an answer, or if not start why not start a new topic. This way it will make it easier to find, as it may be slightly swamped here in this existing thread. 

Also, if you like this Community Guide, we have many more (all created by hosts here in the CC). Here is the link to all of the Community Guides, plus this can also be found at the top of the Community Help board. You may also be tempted to create a new guide on a different subject! 🙂

As this thread is quite hard to follow now, I am going to close it to new replies. Don't worry though the content will still remain here to view and refer back to when you need it. You will still be able to apply thumbs up though!

Thanks so much,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello Everyone,

An updated version of this Community Guide is now available, click here to view.

Thank you.

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.