Description changed from "Apartment" to "Condominium"

Tony-And-Una0
Level 10
Belfast, United Kingdom

Description changed from "Apartment" to "Condominium"

Hi all,

Just a heads up. The description on all my properties has flipped over from being "apartment" to "condominium" . I have checked an I am definitely on the UK settings.

I am not sure when or why this happened. When reading my description the text was reading "you will have whole condominium to yourself" etc

This term "condominium" is not used in UK and Europe. I then looked at the description settings and "Apartment" has disappeared . I have had to now describe them as "flats" which tends to be a term we use for normal tenancy rentals.

Has anyone else had this happen?

6 Replies 6
Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Your places are showing as 'flat' for me, @Tony-And-Una0. Are you viewing though a UK/Ireland site?

Hi

They are now showing as flats because I changed them They were showing as apartments but switched suddenly to Condominiums. That's why I am giving the heads up so others can check they have not been changed to condominiums. The apartment option has vanished. 

If you view the property through a non-UK site (eg .ca) it displays as apartment. Perhaps the UK site as gone all retro again and dropped the apartment badge (brought in to make things sound better/worth more). 

Tony-And-Una0
Level 10
Belfast, United Kingdom

I just had a look at some nearby apartments.

They are described in the thumbnail as an apartment. But in the full description they are called condominiums. So it seems it is not just me.

I am diffidently in the UK site.

Very odd

Tony-And-Una0
Level 10
Belfast, United Kingdom

conduminium.png

Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

The Airbnb platform has more bugs than a farmyard.