Guest Booking Payment

Karen-and-Pernell0
Level 2
Osoyoos, Canada

Guest Booking Payment

Is there a setting where the host can choose if the guest pays when they book or when they arrive? I have seen something about a deposit and then full payment later but it may depend on which country you are from or which country the property is. Does anyone have any details as I have a guest that booked our casita but said she usually pays at arrival and not when she books. But that didn't happen when she booked our casita.

Thanks for your help.

3 Replies 3
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Karen-and-Pernell0,

As the guest pays Airbnb and not the host there's no setting for the host to specify anything about the payment.

For reservations of fewer than 28 nights the guest is usually charged the full amount at the time they book. The only exception is if the reservation qualifies for the pay less up front option offered, at its sole discretion, by Airbnb. For such reservations Airbnb charges 50% on booking and 50% a few days before checkin. The host has no input into wheather this option is offered to the guest.

For reservations of 28 nights or more the guest is charged for the first month on booking and monthly thereafter.

As the guest does not pay the host directly there is, and never has been, any circumstance when the guest pays on arrival.

The article below has some more information on payments.

https://www.airbnb.ie/help/article/92/when-am-i-charged-for-a-reservation

Steve.

Karen-and-Pernell0
Level 2
Osoyoos, Canada

Thanks for the clarification. Much appreciated. 

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Karen-and-Pernell0  There's no way the guest "usually pays on arrival" if she is claiming she does this on Airbnb. If that's the case, I'd be a little leery of this guest, she sounds like she might be a bit of a scammer.