Guests Coupons?

Mary1679
Level 2
Milwaukee, WI

Guests Coupons?

Is the host reimbursed for a guest coupon?  I recently had someone wanting to book with a coupon but it looked like I would only be paid $1.   Would I eventually receive the value of the coupon?  

8 Replies 8
Ana1136
Level 10
Ohrid, Macedonia (FYROM)

@Mary1679 that is not possible, you are not notified of the payment method the guest uses, you only see the total payout you will get. Hoh did you see what amount you would get even if he never made a reservation? 

Yes, it said $1.   A normal booking would have been $45.  The guest messaged me asking why the coupon did not work.  I was not at all familiar with coupons so referred her back to Airbnb.  

Ana1136
Level 10
Ohrid, Macedonia (FYROM)

@Mary1679 no you will get the full amount. Maybe it showed 1$ because the rest was covered by the coupon. But anyway, you don't have to worry about any of that, whatever way she decides to pay you will get the whole amount you have set up. 

Ok!  Good to know.  Thanks for your feedback Ana.  

They sent a reservation request which show the total payout amount.  

Mary1679
Level 2
Milwaukee, WI

The question is would airbnb reimburse me for the coupon.  Surely they don’t expect a host to accept $1 for a nights stay.  

Ana1136
Level 10
Ohrid, Macedonia (FYROM)

@Mary1679 payouts don't work like that, you always get the full payout if there is an active reservation. Guests have many ways of payment, they can pay half when booking and half before arrival, they can use coupons, gift cards but nothing matters to you because they need to pay the full amount one way or the other. 

Great!  Really appreciate the feedback. Thanks again Ana!