Guests with confirmed reservations who do not check in. The guests have not responded to messages.

Steve662
Level 1
Columbus, OH

Guests with confirmed reservations who do not check in. The guests have not responded to messages.

I have a room booked for two guests who have not checked in. They have not responded to messages, Any suggestions on what my next steps should be?

3 Replies 3
Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

Nothing. Wait. If they don't check in you will still be paid. Could they be on a delayed plane? When did you last hear from them?

Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Steve662   It happens, they may be without cell service and can't reply. Have you tried to text, call them or WhatsApp if they are from outside the US? Sometimes guests just don't show up, I only had that happen once on a 1 night booking and they never replied and we never heard a word from them again and they never cancelled either. 

Also you really should change your cancellation policy to at least Moderate. If this guy cancels today you get pay for today only even if he booked a week. He has no incentive not too change his plans. Make it cost him to hold your calendar hostage with bookings that get cancelled at the last minute. It's stops a lot of last minute cancellations. 

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Steve662,

Welcome to the Community!

I was also wondering if you've been in touch with Airbnb in order to let them know that you're not able to reach your guests? 

You can contact Airbnb by visiting the 'How to Contact Airbnb Guide' and also please keep us updated about this. 

Quincy 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen