How do you set the price so that the 3rd and 4th night are reduced or free,

Sue586
Level 2
Wales, GB

How do you set the price so that the 3rd and 4th night are reduced or free,

If you have  a 2 night price but want the 3 night stay to be the same or just marginally more how do you set this ,  I have found several places that do this but can’t find out how do set it up,  

Examples of places  below that do this

Any one help? TIA 

Vale Oak sleeps 7+2 with shared swimming pool
Lower Chapel, Brecon

Beacons Lodge
Brecon
13 Replies 13
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Sue586 

You can set discounts for any amount of nights in section "pricing", "length of stay discounts" (click "edit"), goto "add a custom discount"

Hope this helps,

Emiel

Sue586
Level 2
Wales, GB

Thank you, I have tried that but it doesn’t, allow me to offer 3 nights for price of 2, 

i don’t want to  charge less for 2 nights, but I would like to be able to offer 3 nights at a lower price, 

Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

@Sue586 

If you put a 33% discount for 3 night stay's its the same as offering 3 nights for the price of 2

Untitled3.png

How did you get the 3 night discount  box to appear 

this is what I see

Length-of-stay discounts
Encourage longer stays with discounted weekly and monthly prices. Learn more.

Weekly discount
Average weekly price with 20% discount: £402
%20
Tip: 21%

Monthly discount
Average monthly price with 35% discount: £1,418
%35
Tip: 44%

You can also set a custom price for a specific week or month.

Sue586
Level 2
Wales, GB

How did you the 3 night discount  box to appear 

this is what I see

Length-of-stay discounts
Encourage longer stays with discounted weekly and monthly prices. Learn more.

Weekly discount
Average weekly price with 20% discount: £402
%20
Tip: 21%

Monthly discount
Average monthly price with 35% discount: £1,418
%35
Tip: 44%

You can also set a custom price for a specific week or month.

Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

@Sue586  

When logged into airbnb go to your profile photo(top right) and choose "Account" now click on settings, one of the options on this page is to switch on professional hosting tools, do it, do it, do it.

Diolch yn fawr iawn  i will now experiment with this. 

@Sue586 when you go into pricing on your listing, click on the length of stay discount. In the "add a custom discount" box you can select the number of days and the discount you want. I don't charge a cleaning fee, but instead give an increasing % discount for 3, 5 or 7 days stays.

Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

@Sue586 

You need to turn on PROFESSIONAL HOSTING TOOLS if you want to access this feature

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/2499/how-can-i-use-professional-hosting-tools

@Emilia42 I don't have that feature turned on but I can still set specific discounts, rule sets etc as I only have one listing. Is that something new that's being rolled out for all hosts?

@Rachel177 It sounds like you already have professional hosting tools. I believe they were automatically rolled out for some hosts/locations (last year) but some people still have to activate them. The main differences are the rule sets and compiled data pertaining to your 'occupancy & rates' and 'visibility.' 

@Emilia42 ahhh, the good old southern hemisphere being used as guinea pigs again 😉

I just checked my account setting and I've got the professional hosting tools switched on, despite never activating it. And it's something that if I stumbled across in the help centre I would never think I could use as I host a private room & all of the info on it is for hosts with multiple listings. No wonder poor hosts are so confused about how things work...

Thank you 

yes I was confused as I thought professional hosting was for the holiday agencies using the site.

i have turned it on, will now experiment with it. thank you all for your help