Inbox reservation dates differ from calender dates

Christoff1
Level 2
Wellington, South Africa

Inbox reservation dates differ from calender dates

Good day,

I need some urgent help please to not lose a booking.

I have a guest who booked with me. When you open the inbox tab and go into the message, it shows the reservation dates and amount of guests on the left. Then if you go to your calender, you click on the profile pic and it gives you the info on the right. Those dates are different as well as the amount of guests. What is wrong here? What can I do?

Other guests can't book the "open" day now because of this. So the first guests wants to stay only 1 night, but now because of this issue, I am blocked out for 2 nights.

4 Replies 4
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Christoff1,

Is it a confirmed booking? That is, it's showing in green on your calendar and you've received a notification or email saying that it's confirmed?

Could it be that the guest booked or sent a request and then sent a reservation change that is awating your acceptance?

You could message the guest for clarification. If they haven't made changes to the original request or booking then you should contact Airbnb support. Have the reservation number handy when doing so.

For info on how to contact them you can check out the document to be found as describde below. I've found them to be responsive and helpful via Twitter.

Type "contact airbnb" in the "Search the community" box on these forum pages where you posted your question. Scroll down a little in the list of suggestions that appears and click on the "Contact Airbnb: A Community Help Guide[UPDATED]" one. That lists phone numbers and ways to contact them via Twitter or Facebook.

Steve.

Christoff1
Level 2
Wellington, South Africa

Hi Steve,

Thank you for your quick response. So according to my messages the booking has not been confirmed yet, because Airbnb is waiting on ID documentation from the guest. She has 12 hours to submit it apparently.

So I'm thinking she wants to stay the 10th, because the calender says that and she also said the 10th in her private message. Now my question is, is there any way for me to unlock the 9th? So I can actually accomodate the other guest.

I did open a support ticket, but I am scared I'll lose my other quest if the waiting time is too long.

Hello @Christoff1,

Could it be that your "Preparation time" is set to one day before & after a reservation?

To check this, go to your calendar and click on "Availability settings". Then cllick on the "Edit button" for the "Reservation preferences" section. Then check the "Preparation time" setting. This should be "none" if you wish to have someone stay the day before another reservation begins.

If you mean the 9th of March, then also check your "Advance notice" setting to make sure that it's not precluding checkin by requiring too long a notice period.

Steve.

Christoff1
Level 2
Wellington, South Africa

Hello @Steve143

Those are all like they should be.

Advance notice : Same day : Before 8PM

Preparation time : The nights before and after each reservation are available. (so preperation time is none)

I honestly have no idea what to do.