LA Planning Commission's egregious policy limiting AIR BNB Hosting

Gene33
Level 1
Los Angeles, CA

LA Planning Commission's egregious policy limiting AIR BNB Hosting

My inquiry relates to the Air BNB question.

In regard to the Los Angeles Planning commission's ordinance to amend certain sections of the LA Municipal Code.

I DEMAND that AIR BNB step up and gather legal council, evidense and BALLS so to CHALLENGE the actions that I stated before! It shouldn't be just the individual AIR BNB hosts leading the fight!

I want to know if, whether constitutionally or otherwise, whether the state government can LIMIT our ability to REASONABLY, rent a proportion of our privately owned property in a manner that does NOT negatively effect our neighborhoods NOR any of our surrounding neighbors.

I pay over $7,200 a month in property taxes! That should, at the very least, afford me a. some protections under the laws.

It is my informed opinion that leads me to believe, that the limitation proposed by LA city planning commision's proposed ordinance to amend certain sections of the Los Angeles Municipal code are egregious and , in my opinion, TRAMPLE my rights as both a property owner & a tax payer!

I also make the formal charge to the LA Planning Commission that they are acting SOLELY in the interests of the Hotel lobby/Hotel industry.

1 Reply 1
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

Hey, @Gene33, I think you would be able to find many like minded hosts if you look up the Home Sharing Club of Los Angeles on this site.  Go to Discuss and select Home Sharing Clubs.  You will find their website.  Hope this helps