More guests than stated, parties when clearly says no parties

Charlotte1058
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

More guests than stated, parties when clearly says no parties

Hi there 

We have our home listed on air bnb and we seem to be having problems with a guest. I am night 3/8. 

First day the host was seen on our CCTV taking videos of the property before he even entered. He was in there for 10 mins (can see on the camera time stamp) before he started sending videos to my partner saying the flat was dirty and our cleaner wasn’t good (I felt so offended as I had personal scrubbed the flat to an inch of its life before we left), he asked for the cleaning fees to be refunded which we did to keep him happy. 

He said he was single traveller but then said he booked it for his parents. 

Our add clearly states no parties and they have had 5 people ipn the flat all evening - the main thing here is our flat is old and extremely small, plus to be respectful of our neighbours. 

Am I being dramatic here or is this guest pushing it? 

Thanks in advance. 

3 Replies 3
Sudsrung0
Level 10
Rawai, Thailand

@Charlotte1058  

I'd like to say in the future why not add your cleaning fee's in to your rate? You will never have to refund a cleaning fee, that issue will never be raised.

Gwen386
Level 10
Lusby, MD

@Charlotte1058 If I knew my flat was spotless, there’s no way I would have refunded cleaning fee.  This type of guest will never be happy.

Also, since the guest who reserved the STR is not the actual guest staying, I would send guest a msg through airbnb that they have violated the TOS and that airbnb wont cover host for any damages that may occur. Personally, I would want them to cancel and leave the property. 

And no, you’re not being dramatic.

EDIT

I just looked and I don’t see a listing. 

Thank you for your response.

It’s just really annoying as we have just refurbed the whole flat for someone to to do this. 

I’ve used air bnb for the last maybe 7 years both host / guest and have never experienced anything like this. Nor would I ever behave like this in an Air bnb. 

I checked our CCTV and 5 people were at the flat last night with 3 leaving at 1am. 

My partner has the ad up - https://abnb.me/C0SzghhXktb

If you don’t mind me asking what does STR and TOS mean? 

Thanks