My guest hasn’t turned up.

My guest hasn’t turned up.

Hi, what do I do if a guest hasn’t turned up? 

Im new to hosting.

7 Replies 7
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Surekha3  Has the guest not turned up when they said they will, or is it already past your check-in window and they haven't turned up? Have you tried to contact the guest at all?

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Surekha3 

The reservation continues as the guest does not cancel the reservation (or inform you or Airbnb about having problems). So you are payed also, as if the guest was there. If it is a reservation for more then a few nights, i myself would try to contact the guest and ask about situation.

Best regards,

Emiel

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Contact the guest if they are beyond your check in time via Airbnb and their phone. What time did they say they would turn up @Surekha3 

Hi Helen,  they were supposed to arrive at 6pm but came at 8pm due to traffic.

Was worries they wouldn’t come, as it’s my first Airbnb host experience.

When should I expect payment? I have added my bank details.

TIA

Surekha 

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Surekha3  I think your listing is set up wrong. The title says shared home, but it also says "Entire home". Do you really mean to rent out an entire 3 bedroom house for the price shown? Or are you trying to rent out each bedroom separately ? If you intend for the bedrooms to be rented separately, you need to create a separate listing for each bedroom. As it stands right now, I could rent your entire place, with all 3 bedrooms, for 1 person, for $57/night.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Surekha3  You also say "We aren't there most of the time". If you live in the house, you cannot list it as "Entire House" . Entire House means the guests have the whole place to themselves, all of the time. Airbnb will delist you for having a designation which isn't accurate.

Thank you, Sarah. It is per bedroom.

Will revise my listing.