My guests are getting lost

Natasa7
Level 1
Thessaloniki, Greece

My guests are getting lost

Since I put my house on airbnb, all my guests are getting lost while trying to fing it when arriving by car.

There is a street with the same name in my area so the GPS and google maps system are sending them there. When I tryied to "fix" my address to the profile, but the only way to do it, was to make a new listing.

Is there any option to correct my adress without making a new listing?

Thank you very much.

6 Replies 6
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

I would contact Air BNB.  They should be able to make the necessary change.  Use search term "contact" on this forum to get to the community guide for contacting Air BNB.

Paul225
Level 2
Eugene, OR

I would email the guests ahead of time with comprehensive directions, and where to park when they arrive. This opens for excellent communication and sincerity from you, and allows you the freedom to
Know when and where they are to arrive.
Victoria57
Level 10
Strathpeffer, United Kingdom

@Natasa7 we have the same problem, a road in our village has the same name as our house and GPS systems often send guests there. So for every booking we send a message with full GPS (latitude/longitude) coordinates, detailed directions once they get to the village and contact info in case they get lost. Some guests still don't manage it so we have to rescue them from the village square but at least we try.

Annette33
Level 10
Prescott, AZ

In your listing, go to "location", and there you have the option to add something under "directions" . Fill in detailed info there, it will be visible to guests as soon as they book. That should solve the problem. also repeat it in your message to them before they arrive.

If you are concerned that they need to know before booking: maybe say something general in your listing, easily visible to everybody, like : the general location of my place Airbnb is indicating on my listing is not correct, it is in the same neighbourhood, please contact me for more details.

In any case, do not give out your address before a booking.

Cynthia-and-Chris1
Level 10
Vancouver, WA

I had a similar issue recently with people clicking the map in the app to get my address.  It was taking them to the next street over.

From the website click:

Your Listing - Calendar and More - Location (on the left side menu)

Then you can drag the point on the map to be in the correct location if it is not currently.  Mine was slightly off, thus my guests' problem.  See if this might be your problem.

Bob39
Level 10
Goldfield, NV

My problem is similar; the house numbers in pur town changed, and now GPS systems don't recognize my street address at all any more. The answer for me is to provide detailed, unmistakable directions to the house in a message to the guest once the booking is confirmed. And, give them my phone number and ask them to call je once they arrive in the town, and I will guide them to the house.