No Shows

Mia132
Level 1
Jackson, NJ

No Shows

I'm just curious how other hosts handle no-shows..

I have no complaints if someone wants to book, and pay for the night and not show up.

But, do you leave a review? Or do you just leave it alone? 

4 Replies 4
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Mia132 

I just leave it alone ... but if my guest leaves a review then I leave it too, something like:

" unfortunatelly we didn't have a chance to host XX group because their plans have changed before arrival". 

It gives me the opportunity to reply to their review if needed.

Vivian4
Level 2
Pueblo, CO

Hi Branka, I've recently had a no show.  When you say "I just leave it alone"  I'm not clear on your meaning because it sounds like you do review.

Beth80
Level 10
State of Roraima, Brazil

@Vivian4 

What she means is when we have a no show we don't leave a review unless they have left one first. 

When leaving a review we are asked to rate them on cleanliness, communication and observance of house rules. It's hard to answer honestly when they haven't actually stayed. Besides poor communication of course. 😉  I hope this helps.

Vivian4
Level 2
Pueblo, CO

I kinda figured that but honestly they can leave a review on day 14 and you wouldn't have an opportunity to enter a review at that point, would you?

I don't see the harm in entering "they didn't have the opportunity to stay because of a change in plans" or something like that even if they don't leave a review.