Payment for guests - weird calculation.

Charles-and-Jo0
Level 1
Occitanie, France

Payment for guests - weird calculation.

This is the message I have just had to send to a potential guest in our high season.  She had complained that she was b eing asked to pay more than she expected.

'That is completely weird. I now know why I'm so confused: Airbnb has taken the wrong daily price to calculate what you should pay. It should be €229 but they've used €209 for reasons I cannot understand at all.
What we wanted to do was give you a discount. The normal price would be 9 x €229 = €2061, plus the cleaning fee etc of €60 to make €2121. We were willing to let you have the place for €1900 for the whole 9 days including the cleaning fee but not the taxes de séjour.
Instead the system has given you a price of what they claim is 9 x €209. That makes €1881 -- except they make it €1854.90, so they're ripping me off even more.
If you look at it from your perspective you're being asked for a total of €2248.46. Take away the €60 cleaning fee and you're left with €2188.46. Divide that by 9 and you've got €243.16, which is even more than our non-discounted daily rate.
NO WONDER WE'RE BOTH UNHAPPY!!!!
Maybe the best thing is for you to cancel and make another enquiry (NOT a reservation) and then I can offer you a deal. Let's hope that works. And meanwhile I'm going to check my other reservations and see if Airbnb has been ripping us off on those, too, grrrrrrrrrrrrr.'

And I did check -- and they had.  Another guest was being €206 a night, not the €229 we set.

OR AM I MISSING SOMETHING?

Charles & Jo Hodson, Le Ségur, Tarn, SW France

0 Replies 0