Pricing

Answered!
Charlotte570
Level 1
Auckland, New Zealand

Pricing

Hi  I booked accommodation via air n b and the pricing was in NZ dollars - I have since paid the initial payment receipted to me in NZ dollars with the outstanding amount owing. The host e mails me informing me that the advertisement  was in US dollars - and that I owe more money [so did not see the US dollars]. This is very unfair and false advertising any advice please

1 Best Answer
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Charlotte570  This shouldn't be possible. The host's advertisement may have very well been in US dollars, but that amount would have been shown to you converted to NZ dollars. Guests are shown pricing in their own currency. I list in Canadian dollars- but if a Mexican guest is looking at my listing, they will see the price in it's Mexican peso equivalent, a US guest will see it in American dollars.

I suggest you contact Airbnb to work this out- they are responsible for the platform and how the prices are shown and they are the ones who deal with guest payments.. And the host may be confused- the host may think that what you have paid (half up front) is the full amount that is being charged.

View Best Answer in original post

3 Replies 3
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Charlotte570  This shouldn't be possible. The host's advertisement may have very well been in US dollars, but that amount would have been shown to you converted to NZ dollars. Guests are shown pricing in their own currency. I list in Canadian dollars- but if a Mexican guest is looking at my listing, they will see the price in it's Mexican peso equivalent, a US guest will see it in American dollars.

I suggest you contact Airbnb to work this out- they are responsible for the platform and how the prices are shown and they are the ones who deal with guest payments.. And the host may be confused- the host may think that what you have paid (half up front) is the full amount that is being charged.

Charlotte570
Level 1
Auckland, New Zealand

Thanks for your response Sarah - I also went on another booking site saw the same promo clicked on NZ conversion rate and presto in was the rate that I was charged not the US conversion rate -

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Charlotte570  The host shouldn't be contacting the guest anyway about this, since the host should know that the guest just pays whatever the site tells them they need to pay. Just like i advised you to contact Airbnb about it, the host should be contacting Airbnb if they think the site is screwing up their pricing. (And the site does, in fact screw up pricing sometimes, but that's  nothing the guest can do anything about)