Reservation Problem

Ohood0
Level 1
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates

Reservation Problem

I have a problem with my reservation too, as I booked an apartment in London, and Airbnb asked me to transfer the money to a bank account as there is an issue with the host for credit card if the amount is over 1000 Dollars, and I Paid 2,240 GBP through bank transfer, and now I cannot view my reservation conformation under my trips and can't access the link through the email, I sent many email to them and to host without any response

4 Replies 4
Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

@Ohood0

I am sorry to say, but you have been scammed.  All payments go through airbnb - if you are asked to pay outside the system, they are scammers.  

If you still have a link to that listing - report to airbnb asap.

Post the link here too if you can, so there are multiple reports, might speed up the process.

Ohood0
Level 1
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates

I think you miss understand the situation here, Airbnb itself asked me to transfer the amount to their account not the host account, as the host has an issue with the payment itself

No, @Ohood0,  it was a fake airbnb site- the real Airbnb site will never ask you to transfer money to a bank account, it doesn't work like that. The $ guests pay goes to airbnb by credit card, not transferred to a bank account. It never goes from the guest's account to the hosts's account- airbnb pays the host after the guest checks in.

The scammers are really adept at making you think it came from airbnb.  Read the links @Matthew285 posted below.

@Ohood0 the people who ask you to send money outside the AirBnB payment system are crooks.

They do it this way so they can steal your money.

Here is a discussion among other people who have had their money stolen the same way; some of them discuss what they did after:

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Help/Rental-scam-using-Airbnb-How-should-I-go-forward-if-at-all/...