Rule set deals and length of stay discounts

Sarna0
Level 2
Hamilton, New Zealand

Rule set deals and length of stay discounts

Hi everyone, I just set a "Rule Set Deal" to attract a longer stay on a certain month, and I wondered. Will my deal over ride the standard 7 or 14 day discount that is standard to my listing at any given time? Or will the temporary rule set deal that I have set for that month be on top of the 7 day standard discount?
For example. I have a standard all year round 7 day discount of 5% and I have just put up a deal for September for 15% for a 7 night stay. If a guest books for 7 days, will that guest get a 15% discount, or a 20% discount? I hope that makes sense!

3 Replies 3
Alice595
Level 10
Concord, CA

@Sarna0  The dates where your rule set applied overrides your originally weekly deal. 

You can easy easy test it out by doing a searching in your local area with the dates which have the rule set applied. And it will show you the discout.

Kelly149
Level 10
Austin, TX

@Sarna0 @Abb usually stacks discounts. So I’d double and triple check it to be sure that it is set at what you want 

Sarna0
Level 2
Hamilton, New Zealand

@Alice595  and @Kelly149 thank you both very much! Yes it looks like it is giving both discounts, which is actually fine if I get a super super long booking. That's actually what I want at the end of the day (occupancy, so it's not sitting empty over a time I can't get it cleaned). But still good to know if they're getting it at $80 per night or something insane like $30 per night haha