Searching Properties with "The New Airbnb"

Cal2380
Level 1
Savage, MN

Searching Properties with "The New Airbnb"

As a potential guest, I am extremely frustrated with the new search process in the "New Airbnb". It's forcing me to search for either a weekend or a week or it's forcing me to pick specific dates and limiting search results with properties that have those date options available. What if I don't want to go for a week or a weekend? What if I want to go during the week for 3 days? I'm retired and have the freedom to travel when I want, mostly. I want to search properties in an area of interest, find one I'm interested in, and THEN see what dates are available as I can adjust my trip to the availability. Airbnb has made this type of search impossible and is unnecessarily handicapping potential hosts from my business. WHAT THE HECK?

Equally frustrating is the inability to contact Airbnb directly and provide feedback!

11 Replies 11
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Cal2380 

You can still do a search without entering specific dates.

On the website first choose your desired destination (field: Anywhere)

Then do NOT enter dates in the calender, but click Search button

The search results will show all listings.

(The screen will still show option "any week" , but this is a bug)

This is not true. I just did a random search without entering dates. Result was 72 places available. My city is the second largest city in my country. Very touristic. It normally would show the 300+ places. My place does not show up on any of the default date parametres. My views are going through the floor. It's not a bug. It's very real.

Mariann 🙂

Emiel1
Level 10

@Mariann4 

Yes, it is true.

If a perform such a search on "Bergen, Norway" it shows 1000+ results.

Can provide a screen shot, if desired

Your listing seem to have a max. stay of 6 nights, so it will not show up with option "fexible", "a week" or "a month"

114 opphold.JPG

Search done this minute. 1 guest. No dates. Then it uses Airbnb one week as default. 114 stays. You say 1000+.  I have a max of 5 nights. Something is off. I get 2-4 inquieries or requests a day at this time of year. Did so till two weeks ago. Now nothing. I survive. Others don't.

My guests normally stay for one night. That is not an option without specific dates.

716 helg.JPG

And this is any weekend. My place is within the circle. Not available. Most of the places are in different districts, not in Bergen.

Emiel1
Level 10

@Mariann4 

I am not repeating here what I already mentioned (and is true)

BTW your listing maximum is indeed 5 nights (not shown in 1 week or 1 month search)

Emiel1_0-1653688510782.png

Your listing is in the search system for "a weekend":

Search for a flexible weekend

Maybe zoom in more on the map when searching.

Well. It IS true on your side. But you see it is not true on my side. And I need to be visible in the one night in the middle of the week-searches. Which are not available at this time. Only if you search specific dates. So maybe there's a bug on your end, but it has not been fixed on my end. And "any week"... should not be default but an option. "any time" or "day" is more easy to adjust into a week.

Mariann 🙂

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Emiel1 

Well, this is the exact problem with the 'flexible' search. It is not flexible! What if you don't want a weekend, week or month, but a few nights during the week?

I recently wanted to book a stay as a guest and found it incredibly frustrating. If I wasn't a host and already aware of the Summer Release glitches, I would have given up and gone elsewhere to find accommodation. I persisted only because I had a Superhost voucher to use. Otherwise, I would not have bothered. I have never before found searching on Airbnb as a guest so time consuming and annoying.

@Cal2380  With this new redesign, many guests are having an easier time searching for properties on VRBO.  A lot of us hosts are listed on both platforms.  Find us there, we'd love to host you!  

Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

I totally agree with you @Cal2380. That is how I search for listings as well. I hope Airbnb will make some changes and revert back to a more FLEXIBLE search function. 

Sandie67
Level 1
Lenoir City, TN

I agree with OP. When I try to search with no dates, it reverts to a week option. I cannot just search without dates. I am super flexible, so I would like to know what might available during the month I could travel. The new "Flexible" search is incredibly frustrating.