Supreme Court decision on Roe Vs. Wade

Supreme Court decision on Roe Vs. Wade

I am in mourning for my country over this shameful act by SCOTUS.

Air B&B should use its mechanisms in place to allow people with room in their homes to host--without cost--women in need of reproductive care which has become unavailable in their state. 

How can I reach the managers of Air B&B with this idea? 

12 Replies 12
Robert109
Level 2
Camp Hill, PA

As an Airbnb host in a state in which women's healthcare is still accessible, I strongly support Airbnb's treating the SCOTUS decision like other moments when events created refugees. Airbnb hosts in states like Pennsylvania should have the option to support travel for basic human rights. We are prepared to open our doors, no questions asked.

I would like to be part of a network, perhaps actually organized by Air B&B, which offers free (or low-cost) accommodation specifically to travelers seeking an abortion.  

Is this possible?  

Patrick2536
Level 3
Washington, DC

I’m in as well. 

How do we do this?  Can Air B&B explicitly address this need?  Whom do we contact at the organization? 

Any chance we get to strip the federal government of power we should take it. The federal government was never intended to be the ultimate authority.  Each state should remain Independent.  Tax payers should not be forced to pay for these services. 

So, igather you're okay with Trump and Putin taking us back to the middle ages.

Strip the federal government of its power to protect us?  Against local laws that can rob us of our freedom?  SCOTUS is not doing its job.  

Small government?  A state government that seeks to control a woman's body is perhaps the most invasive, over-reaching governmental act one could imagine. 

No, the argument about 'small government' cuts very much the other way in the question of reproductive rights. 

Keep talking.   

Raye25
Level 1
Waller, TX

I joined AirBnB to allow anybody to enjoy my home.  I do not want to be involved in this political discussion and would really like to see AirBnb stay out of the fray.  AirBnB stresses diversity, nondiscrimination and inclusion regardless of color, gender, religion and political persuasion.  

No one is forcing you to engage here. Go away.

Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

Honestly @Chris16667 if men could get pregnant, abortions would be available at WalMart.  No government, federal, state, county, or city, should have control over a woman's reproductive health.  You're not a host, you're a troll.  Step aside.

Exactly!

So how do we reach the people who run Air B&B?  Better to light one candle...