Taxes Louisville, Kentucky

Andreina0
Level 2
Louisville, KY

Taxes Louisville, Kentucky

Hello all,

In the city of Louisville, Kentucky. After much research I found the correct information regarding hosting fees, collecting taxes from guests and reporting to the Louisville Metro Revenue Commission. Here are the steps to follow:

STEP 1:

Every host must file a 'Short Term Rental' application with the Louisville Online Permiting Portal, and process the payment of $25 which is valid for one year. Here is the link to access the Online Application . Make sure to register an online account with all the details pertaining the property. Contact telephone number is (502) 574-3321 they can guide you through if you get stuck (like I did)

STEP 2:

Register a new business with the Louisville Metro Revenue Commission in order to report the Monthly Transient Room Tax for Jefferson County. This tax should be charged directly to the guests. You don't have to have a company registered, you can register your business as an individual tax payer.

STEP 3: When you register the new business, contact the Louisville Metro Revenue Commision over the phone (502) 574-4860 and once they verify your account they will email you the Transient Room Tax Return form with your business information pre-printed and that's the tax form that you should submit monthly.

That's all the information that I gathered, I hope this conversation helps.

Cheers!

1 Reply 1
Elizabeth499
Level 2
Kentucky, United States

Hi.  With the AIRBNB notice, effective April 1 2018, they state they are collecting the Louisville-Metro Transient Room Tax (previous reported on TR1M).  My question, do we still have to submit the paper report and simply state "collected by AIRBNB" on the amoutnt due line?  Anyone know?