This is precious

Paul154
Level 10
Seattle, WA

This is precious

Guest stayed awhile back for 3/4 days.

Pleasant enough. But like so many of my guests, I did enjoy saying good-bye.

Now guests needs a place for 2 weeks in high season AND she now has a cat!

Could I offer her a discount?

But wait! Here's the best part: She rated me 4 STARS!

35 Replies 35
Kelly149
Level 10
Austin, TX

oh no, not gonna happen!

and btw, any guest that down rates us is thereafter reported and blocked so that I don't have to worry about being subjected to them again.

send her a special offer for increased price??

Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

Precious indeed. But seriously, I find the exposure that hosting brings to all the different ways people think (and live) to be excellent mental exercise.

Alexandra316
Level 10
Lincoln, Canada

So how much of a discount did you give her, @Paul154 ?

Cormac0
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

@Paul154 

I’d say No, you have a well known diagnosed fear of cats and dogs, and you would absolutely consider a discount for low season if she only spoke to you months ago.

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Paul154 

give her a discount now and she will come back later with a husband and kids 😄 😄

@Kelly149 

please inlight me , how do you block a guest?

@Branka-and-Silvia0 the specifics come and go, but it always starts with 'Report this user' , it's usually in the message thread

Here you go @Branka-and-Silvia0 

https://www.airbnb.co.uk/help/article/2020/how-do-i-report-a-message-or-block-someone-on-airbnb

I agree with others, if I had a guest I don't want to host again I would block them as soon as.

@Helen3  tnx but Airbnb has change it since. This is what I get when I click on report this user

What’s happening?
I think they’re scamming or spamming me
They’re being offensive
Something else

Go for 'something else' and then it should take you to the option to block the guest.

@Helen3  No, there is no option for blocking

They took away the blocking option sometime in the last 6 months.

Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

Keep us updated. @Paul154 . My bet is that it is an emotional support cat helping with the trauma of that four-star stay. 

Chris232
Level 10
Petersfield, United Kingdom

@Paul154 

I think its about time that you have had the divine intervention to the calling to rehouse a pit bull that hates cats.

Double your rates and send her a welcomeing message

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

I find it really curious that hosts are always complaining that guests don't read information. Now here, Paul was clear in his post that the guest has already been and gone and left a 4* review, yet 5 of the 8 hosts who responded gave him advice on how to answer the guest, as if she was just trying to book.

So hosts don't read, either 🙂