UNHAPPY GUEST

Barry-and-Viv0
Level 4
Perth, Australia

UNHAPPY GUEST

We had a guest book yesterday for 3 nights, they turned up at midnight and then said they thought they were getting the whole house for $100, SURE!

This morning they ring AIRBNB, who so far have spoken to them and me, they told me I was in the right and don't have to refund the 2 nights they have cancelled, and rightly so.

Now I have been yelled at and made to feel awful by 2 unhappy AIRBNB guests.

AIRBNB support tell me they are helping the guest!

This is not what I signed on for 6 years ago.

4 Replies 4
Natalie303
Level 2
Margaret River, Australia

Sorry to hear this, but don't let these bad guests spoil your hosting journey. I'm sure most of your guests really appreciate your place. And Airbnb will always support the guest, after all they are getting 15% approx from them every stay! Bring on a competitor I say 😉

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Natalie303yes, guests bring 15% but how much is it for one or a few stays per year?

We host more than 200 groups every single year x 3% and Airbnb collects more money from us than from each one of our guests. And plus - we use Airbnb as guests as well!

@Barry-and-Viv0 

This should be a no-brainer, your guest didn't read and just assumed something you don't offer. It is their fault. If Airbnb wants to refund them then fine. But you should get paid according to your cancelation policy. Failing to read is not an extenuating circumstance.

Orit-and-Roi0
Level 1
Jerusalem, Israel

Airbnb takes the side of the guest .  We had a guest that left after check in complaining that the place was dirty, the toilet too small, and they found an open wine bottle in the fridge. 

the wine bottle- true - the rest has nothing to do with reality.

it took them 3 days to cancel - it was a 4 day booking. Airbnb returned their payment and corresponding with their help center was frustraiting.

they prefer the guest 15% on our honour. we are superhosts and in total shock.

Luana130
Level 10
State of Bahia, Brazil

I had a look at you profile, and you have 2 listings, I don't know which one they used to book, but one of them does seems like the whole apartment. If it is not change the title, make it more clear so you don't have more problems with guests.