Weekly & monthly discount

Nindya0
Level 2
Durban, South Africa

Weekly & monthly discount

Hi

I added a weekly & monthly discount when I set up all three of my listing.

But it was removed from the listings.

I just added it on my listing again today. But not sure if it will happen again.

Can anyone advise on the matter?

How/why did was it removed?

Thanks

Nindya

4 Replies 4
Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

Hello @Nindya0. To me it looks like your discount is working:

ZA.jpg

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"
Nindya0
Level 2
Durban, South Africa

It is working now. Because I set it up again today.

I lost a potential airbnb guest because the weekly discount was removed from the listing.

I did not realise that the discount was not working and there was a bit of language barrier between me & the guest. 

It can be frustrating if it keeps happening.

Turquoise0
Level 2
Rethimnon, Greece

Hello @Nindya0 @Marzena4

On January, I edited some of my listings with the new rates for 2018 and put a percentage for weekly discount. It was obvious that the weekly discount had been calculated, as when testing the rates in the listing , it seemed the weekly discount. My question is ... Is weekly discount the same with longstay discount? Because either in listings the total rate is calculated with a weekly discount (7 days) or in other listings is calucated with a longstay discount (this discount is calculated as you stay for 7 days).

Could you please help me? Is the same?

Hi @Turquoise0

As  far as I know, you can set a weekly discount (7 days) and monthly discount (28 days).

It is a great way to get guests staying more than a week or for a month. This will reduce check in and check out admin for yourself. 

I am not too sure about the longstay discount. Is there a link for more details about this?

See below for extract from airbnb length-of-stay options (includes weekly & monthly discount)

''About length-of-stay prices
Weekly and monthly discounts help ensure that your listing appears in search results when people search for 7 nights or longer. Weekly discounts are for stays of 7 nights or longer. Monthly discounts are for stays of 28 nights or longer.
Final prices depend on your nightly prices, weekly/monthly discounts and whether you’ve used custom weekly/monthly prices. The weekly/monthly prices are an average of the nightly prices (either from your base price, custom nightly price or Smart Pricing) for the next 90 days.
Note: Custom weekly/monthly prices will always override your length-of-stay discounts.''