Why airbnb took my travel credit and did not get it back when I cancel a reservation?

Cris46
Level 1
Panama City, Panama

Why airbnb took my travel credit and did not get it back when I cancel a reservation?

I'm really angry for this, I have just cancelled a reservation and I had 75$ on travel credit and the host never received the money transfer, it ask me to pay her again, and my credit reflects only $40 and took $35 away and did not give it back, another thing, airbnb took the money instantly but not refund instantly? What is that suppose to mean?

And the last but not least important, no one answer nothing on the so called "support center" which is a pain to understand even for my that I am a programmer, this is ridiculous, I need answers asap.

1 Reply 1
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Cris46  I have had problems with using travel credits and when I spoke with an Air BNB rep. it was straightened out.  Here is a guide to contacting Air BNB.  I find if I call early in the morning, I don't have a long hold.

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Help/Contact-Airbnb-A-Community-Help-Guide/m-p/16165#M728