Why do I have to reply to guest text message through the airbnb app?

Donald28
Level 10
Lithia Springs, GA

Why do I have to reply to guest text message through the airbnb app?

About 2 years ago, I'd get messages from potential guests on my cell phone in a text message. It came through airbnb in the form of a text. I used to be able to respond directly to their inquiry/message on the text message app of my phone. That was very easy.

In the recent past, airbnb has made the message come from a "spoofed" number (413-887-3433) that cannot be replied directly to. If you reply to it, you get this message... "To reply, please visit airbnb.com or use the airbnb app" 

This is a huge pain in the arse since I now have to open the airbnb app, go to messages and reply there instead of just replying to the original text message. I HATE THAT I HAVE TO OPEN THE APP TO REPLY TO A TEXT MESSAGE!!

3 Replies 3
Beth80
Level 10
State of Roraima, Brazil

@Donald28   Just one more "improvement" from the dweebs in tech support.  No advanced notice for hosts, no checking to see if this is a good or desired change you just wake up one morning and something else is changed.  Super annoying!

Linda-And-Richard0
Level 10
San Antonio, TX

@Donald28I can relate.  It was very easy to reply by text and then.....it wasn't working.  I would have to come home, turn on my computer and then corresponde with the guest.  Well, since I'm not always at home, I had to invest in a new cell phone and install the Airbnb app.  And as @Beth80  stated, just another "improvement" for the sake of change. Yes, Super Annoying!!

I never thought of that... not everyone even has a smartphone that has apps! So, people would have to only respond from a computer or go buy a new phone. So ridiculous.

I wish they would switch that back. But nobody seems to care about it except a few people as evident in the post. So, it won't change back. >;-( mod_filezipr.jpg