cancellations

Briedy0
Level 1
Girona, Spain

cancellations

Hi, I am new to hosting, however I have a nearly fully booked summer ahead! Unfortunately my first guest had to cancel( Easter) she only booked a week before, I have a strict cancellation policy, so she was refunded 50%, however I thought the correct thing to do was to refund the balance .. I’ll have no problem rebooking .... the problem is Airbnb say they will deduct the amount I chose to refund her from my first payment ... they have received the 100% payment from her when she booked .. refunded half and I chose to refund the balance .. if they deduct the amount from me on first payment that means they have made 50 % of the amount plus’s service fees .. this really doesn’t make sense... has anybody an answer to my problem... me being out of pocket by a lot of money !!!!!

1 Reply 1
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

There is no point having a strict cancellation policy if you feel the right thing to do is refund a guest when they cancel.

If you want to do this, you might as well have a moderate or flexible policy.

I have a strict policy and if I think I am likely to get a new booking I would suggest to the guest that IF I am able to rebook I would consider a refund for my portion of the booking fee, for any days that might be rebooked.

This will be returned after the replacement booking days place (as there is always a chance these guests could cancel too).