guest cancelled

Joe28
Level 2
Templeton, CA

guest cancelled

My guest arrived earlier than the time they told us they'd be here, waited 5 minutes then left and said I cancelled the reservation.

We were here on site and at no time did the guest come in and speak with our site host.

she saw them drive away when she was walking up.

They told Airbnb we cancelled the reservation so they received a full refund.

Now we can't get anyone from Airbnb to even communicate with us.

Any ideas how to get help?  We are super hosts

7 Replies 7
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

I am not sure what you  mean by you cannot get Air BNB response.  If you are emailing it might be better to speak with a representative.  As a SH you should have the specific number, but in you need it, here is a guide for contacting them.

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Help/Contact-Airbnb-A-Community-Help-Guide/m-p/16165#M728

Thank you for the link. We contacted Airbnb and explained the issue, as the guest left a negative review. Airbnb said they would look into it, closed the message thread, and we haven't heard back. I've heard this is a typical issue with other hosts. I will check out the link you sent.

CS threads expire after 24 hours;  how conveniently (for ABB) ridiculously inconvenient.

If you care,  call,  call again.

@Kenneth12  That's not been my experience. I've had message threads that stayed open for days or even a week while I waited for a CS rep to get back to me, or they were referring it to the correct "team".

Now that's not to say they don't have some button they can press on their end that says "expired", if they choose to blow you off 🙂

And all the issues I've had to contact them about have had to do with tech issues, or other things, but nothing contentious with a guest, or refunds or cancellations. So maybe they "expire" the difficult issues.

@Sarah977 : AFAICT in my experience all issues that have to do with guest issues,  refunds,  cancellations etc expire if not touched in 24 hours ... 

Now last night,  first-time ABBer guest checks in-- brilliantly arriving just after WiFi goes out as my flight is landing (I let him know,  I suspect some part of his brain cause him to daudel until just that time...)

As soon as I'm on the ground,  I have a complaint from him that there's no air conditioner *in the room*.

At the time,  about 11pm,   it was 70F in his room,  and 67F out ...

@Kenneth12  But he wasn't complaining about the temperature, right? Just the fact that there wasn't an air conditioner "in his room". Maybe he just likes the look of an air conditioner or gets nervous if he can't have control at any given moment over the temp. 

Kidding of course, but wouldn't it be fun if he complains about it again, to say "Oh, I didn't realize you thought your room was too warm, you didn't say that, you only indicated that you were upset that there wasn't an air conditioner in there."

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Joe28  Airbnb has a record of whether you cancelled or not. You either cancelled or you didn't-the guest "saying" you cancelled isn't a cancellation.

Good luck with CS, I don't why they issued a refund when there was quite obviously no cancellation on your side.