i've approved a request - now what?

Dana111
Level 1
Tel Aviv, Israel

i've approved a request - now what?

Hi

I approved a request for my listing this morning for gusts arriving this Friday 

My cancellation policy is - Full refund 5 days prior to arrival

I keep exchaging messages with the guest.

They are a party of two but don't want share a bed.

My listing states that there's one double bed available and the house hosts 2 people.

In case the guests don't want to share a bed they need to book for 3 .

However this guest didn't do that and only explained it after I approved her request.

Can she back down from her request?

It's only a few days before their arrival and their reservation is on my calander

Thanks,

Dana

8 Replies 8
Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

Hi @Dana111

You need to alter your listing so that guests can book for 3 people, its a max of 2 at the moment. A Guest cannot book both your listings as airbnb stops the same guest making 2 bookings for the same dates.

You can alter the booking in 3 way's, the link below explains how:

How-to-Charge-Extra-Fees-for-Services

Well I changed it after I had a few cases where guests didn't want to share a bed. 

In my case if they use two beds instead of one - that means I need to prpeare two bedrooms instead of one. 

that's double the work 😞

and - is the request still valid?

I checked the link you attahed and my listing - there isn't an option to add an extra charge for an additional bed

"Besides the cleaning fee and extra guest fees, Airbnb does not offer any additional charges that can be offered which will automatically apply to a reservation.  With that said, if you have an additional service in which you would like to charge for, you can include this in your listing."

@Dana111   Might be clearer to add a charge on your listing  for an extra bed rather than ask two people to book for three, as I understand from your post the listing is two person limit - so booking for 3 is rather confusing.  And yes they can cancel anytime and will be refunded as per your policy.

Thanks Ange

there isn't such an option as far as I know 

Or at least there wasn't the last time I updates my listing details. 

@Dana111   How about adding it under Rules  it's rather lost under things to note. Also maybe add a host voice, I think other hosts have asked for extra charges like early/late check-in, pets to be added.  I wouldn't mind an extra bed feature,  too many take it for granted and it is not a neglible cost what with laundering sheets, blankets and dry cleaning comforters.

You could always mention it to the guests before they arrive, some people are reasonable and understand completely and it is easily added to their total.

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Dana111

If you have 2 separate listings for 2 private rooms in one house and can host 2+2 guests, then you can make another listing with both bedrooms . That way groups of 3 or 4 people will be able to find you in search and to book both rooms at once. 

for example we have listing for studio , listing for 2 bedroom apartment and another listing for 3 bedroom apartment (studio + 2bdr together)