2BR/2Bath I live in....is there a way to list as both a 2br and 1br?

Justin12
Level 2
Denver, CO

2BR/2Bath I live in....is there a way to list as both a 2br and 1br?

So, I have been hosting over a year now and have enjoyed it a lot.  I have a 2br/2 bath place and I live here, and rent out the extra room on the site.  Is there a way of listing it as a full home rental, but then have system automatically block days whenever I have reservations for just 1 room...?  I hope this makes sense, basically if my entire place was rented out, I could travel during that time or make other possible accomodations.  Yet, at the same continue to rent just one room out when I get requests, and live here for the most part....any help would be appreciated, I just know it could get confusing if I was having to manage 2 calendars and making some kind of mistake.  

1 Reply 1
Ash-and-Dasha0
Level 10
Redwood City, CA

Yes, there is a way. Hosts create a separate listing for entire place. For you it will be 2bedroom 1 bath I guess. Then you block your calendar almost completely and open only on the days you know you can prepare your place to be available entirely and from then on you diligently monitor your calendar to make sure it doesn't conflict with your shared room listing. And you coordinate your own schedule accordingly.