A few more whiteboard departure messages...

Donald28
Level 10
Lithia Springs, GA

A few more whiteboard departure messages...

I love the whiteboard messages guests leave! I dont know why some are turned sideways. Sorry!

Image 1.jpg

Image 2.jpg

Image 3.jpg

Image 4.jpg

IMG_20190428_123716_550.jpgIMG_20190428_123716_559.jpgIMG_20190428_123716_583.jpgIMG_20190428_123716_554.jpgIMG_20190428_123716_558.jpg

9 Replies 9
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Donald28,

Love this thread, especially the part about you being the nicest guy in the world (pretty cool comment)! 🙂

(I've swizzled your photos around for you...I don't know why photos do this sometimes!)

Do lots of your guests leave messages?

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

maybe 50% do leave messages and sign the guestbook. 

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

Very rarely do I get a departure message because I am always there to shake their hand or give them a farewell hug. 

But funnily enough this morning I was left this message!

IMG20190606004447.jpg

I guess I have discouraged the writing of guest messages because it will lead them to the belief that they have done their bit and do not need to leave a review!

It is unfortunate but, reviews are the bread and butter of Airbnb hosting and if I am given the option of a nice little note like the one above,  or the many whiteboard ones like Dons.......or a review......I will take the review any time!

Cheers......Rob

I usually say goodbye in person too but since I welcome them with a personal message on the whiteboard, I think they sometimes like to leave me a personal message... even though I'm walking them to their car in 5 minutes. LOL  Plus, a guy just isn't going to tell another guy face to face that they are the nicest person in the world... right? That's only written down for reading after the guy leaves. >;-) 

Gemma171
Level 2
Harbertonford, United Kingdom

Such a sweet idea! I was thinking of starting a guest book might try both!

Susan1028
Level 10
Oregon, US

My guest book is seriously one of the best parts of my hosting experience.  I’m on my second in a year.  They include beautiful words, and original poetry and art work...in addition to the sweet reviews 💖

Sarah_Matthew0
Level 5
Whitstable, United Kingdom

Really like this, where is the board ? 

Do you meet and greet as well? We have a guestbook but not everyone signs it

The board is just inside the door of the 134 sq ft tinyhouse. I write each guests name on it and welcome them. About 50% erase my message and write their own to me before they leave.

I do generally try to meet the guests but honestly, I think they have more fun accessing our property, seeing the tinyhouse, the arcade and the pool by themselves at their own pace. They don't need me hovering over them or breathing down their neck. I send a long and detailed message to each guest explaining where to park, where to walk, how everything works etc etc. The buildings are always unlocked unless locked by a guest. So, I really don't even need to be here. I've got this down to a science. LOL 

Only about 50% sign our guestbook too. I think they just don't notice it in the nightstand drawer. 

Donald28
Level 10
Lithia Springs, GA

Here's a video from a recent guest surprising her son and husband with a stay here... https://www.facebook.com/susan.bradley.52/videos/10214630466380851/