Add a new guest to a confirmed reservation

Add a new guest to a confirmed reservation

I have a confirmed reservation where the lead guest wishes to add more guests who will only be staying for 3 nights of the 4 night booking. How do I amend the booking where the duration of stay is shorter than the main reservation booking duration.

4 Replies 4
Susan151
Level 10
Somerville, MA

@David3696 . The first thing I do is the math. How much should your guest pay for both the original reservation plus the extra guests? Then I would go to "change or cancel" this reservation. Change the reservation to the new number of guests [use the maximum night count] to ensure that AirBNB will "back you up." Now manually change the dollar amount to the calculation you made in step 1.

Tedious, but it works and you will know that the amounts are correct. [AirBNB's math at the change screen is often incorrect.]

Good plan, Susan-many thanks

Sandra856
Level 10
Copenhagen, Denmark

Hi @David3696 🙂

I do it a little different. I ask for the extra person fees throgh the resolution center. Calculate how much it is.The guest then just have to confirm the new deal. 

Best, Sandra

Thanks Sandra - another quick reply - great- I will now get on with it. Thank you