Airbnb ban in Sequim, Washington

Ryan2197
Level 2
Sequim, WA

Airbnb ban in Sequim, Washington

Hello fellow Airbnb host! My name is Ryan and I own/operate an Airbnb in Sequim, WA. I will be brief here, but have much more to share if you are interested. In short, the City of Sequim has decided to interpret a zoning definition differently and start enforcing a no “transient accommodation” code that will make any and all vacation rentals with the city limits (in R4-8 residential zones) illegal. I have personally received a letter to that affect instructing us to shutdown our business and know of several others that have as well. I have initiated a conversation with the city to pursue a formal dialog on this topic and would like to share that with anyone who is interested. I am also on the Sequim Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors and feel it is my responsibility to help represent fellow business owner/operators that will ultimately be affected by the city’s new approach to vacation rentals. If you would like to hear more, discuss this with me personally or have experience in another town that has done or tired to pursue a similar path  and are willing to share, please contact me here. Thank you!

Ryan

4 Replies 4
Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

@Ryan2197 you might want to try the facebook group Airbnb Professional Hosts Washington, if you haven't already.

Kelly1794
Level 1
Graham, WA

Thanks for bringing this up Ryan. I don't have Facebook so hopefully you'll get back here and check this out. We bought property up in sequim and I was thinking of building a really nice dedicated space upstairs for rental. Unfortunately. I'm also in the city proper in that zoning you mentioned. 

What is the latest status?

Steven1635
Level 1
San Jose, CA

Ryan,

Please contact me ** as soon as possible.

Please also join our FB group Port Angeles STR Hosts United.

**[E-mail address removed due to safety reasons - Community Center Guidelines]

Dilip22
Level 1
Jersey City, NJ

Hi Ryan, I was planning to buy an abnb property in Sequim, Can i get in touch to discuss this further?